Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glanz
    • Aug 2002

pal/ntsc question

I live in north america so all of the movies that i deal with are in ntsc, but if i wanted to encode a pal dvd would that divx file still play on my tv if i were to send it out to a tv. ok this may be a stupid question, srry

The reason is because i am going to buy a dvd on ebay so that i can encode it into divx and watch the movie. The dvd is out of print in the united states but i can get it from somewhere like great britan.
    Last edited by Glanz; 26 Apr 2003, 05:52 PM.
  • RaVeN__thecrow
    • Apr 2003

look, i'm not 100% sure about this but it will most probably play just fine. I mean, I recently downloaded a trailer at ntsc format (29.97 fps) and using my graphic's card video-out i saw it on my tv and it played just fine... The signal sent through the graphics card just depicts what is shown on your pc-screen and the format of the video makes no difference. On the other hand i'm not 100% sure about this but as i said earlier i think there wan't be any problem. IF (and that's a big if), you DO buy the dvd and have a problem sending the signal, you can always use a filter during encoding that will change the pal into ntsc (i think virtualdub has a filter like that)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If your DVD ROM can read the DVD (different region), for DivX conversion and playback on your PC, it sghould make no difference if you're dealing with PAL or NTSC - your conmputer's multisynch monitor should be abkle to handle it...

Comment

Working...