Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surreal
    • May 2003

XviD Filesize too small

I started having problems with XviD just recently, when my 2nd Pass was way too small, im assuming there is either a problem with the newer codec [ 05042003-1 Koepi's build ] or VirtualDub 1.4.11, as I have done many encodes before, all using exactly the same XviD configuration.

This problem has occured in the last 3 encodes I have done.

The movie I am currently trying to encode is 2hr12min @ 640 x 272 on 2 CD's, the audio is 139 MB and the intended filesize is 1260 MB, [ 1290419 Kb in XviD Codec ], but the second pass comes out as only 940 MB

Any suggestions?
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Is your bitrate up to par to fill 1260MB?

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Perhaps you have reached maximum quality? Beyond this point, no more bits are going to improve the quality and hence the codec restricting the final filesize to lower than the expected value.

Comment

• surreal
        • May 2003

Enchanter, I think your right, as I installed an earlier reliable XviD codec, and encoded again, this time giving a final size of 986 MB instead of 940 MB from the later codec.

I'll increase the resolution and see what happens, thanks for your replies.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

to increase filesize:

-set resolution to the max
          -disable b-frames
          -decrease keyframe interval
          -used sharpest resizer

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by surreal
            Enchanter, I think your right, as I installed an earlier reliable XviD codec, and encoded again, this time giving a final size of 986 MB instead of 940 MB from the later codec.

I'll increase the resolution and see what happens, thanks for your replies.
            You're welcome.

Comment

Working...