• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

sync and other problems,please people,hep

as you could read i have one sync problem and a million problems relating 2-pass encoding

1)i have a file,a movie in xvid,encoded in 2pass mode,with a sync problem -> audio is played before video,in the begining everything's ok ,but later a-v delay instantly increases ,how can i solve this?

2)second problem,always when encoding in 2pass mode i get some problems(in the process or with the end file(sync...)),i presume its a problem with configuring the passes,so could someone PLEASE write down xvid build he/she uses and write how does he/she configure 2pass mode
    a)with a 90 and less than 90min movie
    b)movie longer than 90
    or however u decide what's a border in movie lenght,if you're burning it on 1 or 2CDs
    cro-anthem-video
  • SpikeSpiegel
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

Well, there are 2 possibilityz:
    1) the desync appears only when u play the movie (so the only problem is just that the file is not interleaved) , if seeking the video the delay increase very much, that's the reason
    2) the frame rate has been changed in an improper way
    3) the audio track is VBR Mp3

solutions:

1) open the file with VirtualDub, select "direct stream copy" on "audio" and on "video" and then on audio/interleave check "enable audio/video interleave" every 1frame.
    2) same as above, but on "video/frame rate" select "change so video&audio dur. match", if it doesn't work try to decrease the frame rate...u have to do some tests, it's really annoying, i Know...
    3) re-encode audio in CBR Mp3

The best way to use Xvid is: install Divx, delete Xvid
    i'm kidding, i also had MANY problems with Xvid (video quality is subjective, and i prefer DivX, that's it)

Comment

Working...