Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roboroofer
    • Apr 2003

1cd or 2cd?

when ripping with xvid or divx whats the best way to decide if you should encode a 1 cd rip or 2 cd? should i go by the movie length..meaning if its over 1 hour and 45min it should be a cd 2 rip?
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

In GKNOT you can conduct a "compressibility test" (COMPTEST) which will enable you to determine how well and at what size a movie will compress.

Read guides and search forum at doom9.org

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

if u use DIVX 3.11alpha to encode ur movies/video (simply the best and the way to go imo) then look at my guide.

u can rip and entire DVD one 1 CD with DVD quality and or sometimes better.

1 CD is the way to go, that is why DIVX is here initially...the idea of 3.11alpha anyway...that is quality and quantity

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Re: 1cd or 2cd?

Originally posted by Roboroofer
        when ripping with xvid or divx whats the best way to decide if you should encode a 1 cd rip or 2 cd? should i go by the movie length..meaning if its over 1 hour and 45min it should be a cd 2 rip?
        I would personally go for 2 CDs if the play length was 2 hours or longer.

However, if the movie is highly compressible (i.e. reaches saturation point under 1.4GB), I will strive for 1 CD.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...