Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Maynard
    • Jan 2003

merging ac3 into avi not giving me 5.1 sound

I finally got my hands on a motherboard that has dolby digital 5.1 outputs! And I have been ripping alot of DVD's lately and using VDub to merge the .ac3 file into the avi. I was informed by one of the guides here that this would give me 5.1 sound output. WRONG! It only gives me stereo and crappy stereo at that. The only way that I have found for this to work, and it works with DD and DTS, is to use Besweet to convert the .ac3 into 5.1 DD-WAV. This works perfectly but the only downside is that it creates a very large audio file.
    It also works if you have SurCode DTS. Using Besweet you can convert the .ac3 into 6 WAVES and then plug each channel's wave file into SurCode DTS and have it convert it into a DTS-WAVE file. This is not neccessary though because it creates a file thats the exact same size as the 5.1 DD-WAVE and there's obviously no improvement in the sound. But it works nonetheless.

Am I doing something wrong that merging the .ac3 file into the avi is not giving me 5.1 sound or is this the expected result?
  • The Maynard
    • Jan 2003

Anyone with any help on this?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The Maynard
      Anyone with any help on this?
      We don't need posts that reginerate topics if someone could help they would...

Make sure your Soundcard is set up for 5.1 output, in the settings there should be something where you could select Mono Stereo or Dolby Digital

Comment

• The Maynard
        • Jan 2003

Let me tell you what else we don't need: Someone who feels the need to be a smartass while under the guise of trying help. Save the attitude for someone who gives a $#!+ and just answer the damn question.
        Now, there seems to be plenty of topics that say how to merge ac3 into the avi and doing it the way they've said hasn't given me the intended results so there should be plenty of people with this experience. Thanks.
        Now, as I said, I have everything setup properly because I said that I found a way to get it to work. It just result in a much larger file than would be feasable for storage on 3 cds.
        So, anyone ELSE with some ideas?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Well if it isn't working why not find another way?

I don't give a ____ (you fill it in) what you care or not. We don't need posting like "anyone have any ideas" If someone had help to give I am pretty sure they would post it.

As for me having the attitude how in the hell would you know if I had an attitude, this is the internet. Not life.

Comment

• The Maynard
            • Jan 2003

I don't seem to be seeing the title of MODERATOR under your name so you hold no authority to tell me what it is you need to see in people's posts. So get off your prepubescent high horse, pop some of your zits and call me in the morning.

To answer your question of if it isnt working why not find another way, wtf do you think it is that I'm trying to here jackass?

And how do I know that you have an attitude, well isn't it painfully obvious that you do? Reading alot of your posts you do nothing but slam people that are asking honest questions and then act as if you have some sort of authority here. You do not. That is called attitude regardless of if it's on the net or in real life. But in real life I'd almost guarantee that you're just a little punk with a big mouth that will eventually get the b!tchslapping he so badly needs.

Now back to the original topic. Does anyone ELSE have any input into this problem or am I only going to get whiney little b!tches here?

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

@The Maynard

Please refrain from flammatory comments. We do not need any moderators or the Admin taking actions that would otherwise not be needed here.

@SKD_Tech

I told you before not to do this kind of "high-school-style" chastity. No one likes to be treated that way, not even you. A softer approach would have been the better way.

Comment

• The Maynard
                • Jan 2003

I have refrained from deflammatory comments and will continue to do so as long as others comply as well. But, as my personal philosophy goes, if you act like a jerk you will get treated like a jerk.
                It simply goes like this, if you don't have anything to contribute to thread, especially if you have no answers to the question that is being asked, then input is not required. If the question can't be answered then ones mouth should stay shut. Especially if they are going to be childish and immature.
                Other than his post prompting me to do so, I have continually not made remarks like this and as long as he can keep his little attitude in check I will keep doing so. Thank you.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2003

You say I act like a Moderator? I think you need to take a look at setarip.

Just to tell you I had a ****ing suggestion if you would've read the rest of the *** **** post. How about you go work on your attitude and start reading the rest of peoples posts

Comment

• The Maynard
                    • Jan 2003

Enough of your "help" now. You have proven to me that you are of no use so scamper along now and lets make some room for those that are here to assist.

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by SKD_Tech
                      Just to tell you I had a ****ing suggestion if you would've read the rest of the *** **** post. How about you go work on your attitude and start reading the rest of peoples posts
                      Take your own advice to heart, boy.

Comment

Working...