Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbuck50
    • Jun 2003

AVI to MPEG with AC3--sound synch??

I am trying to convert an AVI movie to VCD. It is divx3 and audio is encoded AC3. I am using TMPGenc v2.5 and when I do the audio doesn't convert to the MPEG. I read that you need to strip it out separately as a WAV, so I did and got it...or maybe it was an mp3, but either way I got it. The problem is that when I try to bring it all back together it is now pretty much out of synch. So I figure there is a much more automated approach than what I am doing...I don't have a ton of experience with this, can you help?

I also have virtual dub and instant dvd at my disposal...

Thanks,
    db
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• dbuck50
      • Jun 2003

It's already set to that....does this imply something is wrong with the file?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Possibly...

What is it set to?

Comment

• dbuck50
          • Jun 2003

Not sure if I understand the question. The avi file is a div3 low motion with and AC3 audio.

If you are asking what the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" is set to, how would I know what that is?

or do you mean something else?

Comment

• OctaviaN
            • Dec 2002

Yeah! I have a similar prob I have gone through the motions of converting to vcd/svcd and after a day or two of processing its a waist to see that the Audio and Video is out of sync on a standalone Toshiba SD-220E??
            I recently obtained a piece of film encoded to vcd/svcd and it is out of syn on my standalone however I have viewed it in entirety on a sony standalone unit and it was fine??

I have the CDs can I copy/adjust the data with any apps. Or should I be looking at the Toshiba unit??

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"If you are asking what the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" is set to, how would I know what that is?"

That's precisely what I'm asking you, based on your previous response, in which you stated that the the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" was already set to the highest priority.

How is it that you know that it's set to the highest priority, but don't know what it's set to?

Comment

• dbuck50
                • Jun 2003

Given that my previous response was that it was set to the highest priority, I thought there was some additional setting you were inquiring about.

ok, so we have established that it is set to the highest priority several posts ago, any other ideas what might be happening/not happening?

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"ok, so we have established that it is set to the highest priority several posts ago"

I'm guessing that you're not completely understanding my question - What is the number that appears to the right of the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader"?

Is that number higher than the number that appears to right of any and all other items listed?

Comment

• dbuck50
                    • Jun 2003

yes, you are right, I didn't understand you question...sorry...

The number was 1, and there was another that was 1 also, (also had something as -2!). I made it 10 and nothing is above one...didn't make a difference though...any more ideas?

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

Try changing it to "2" (I don't believe "10" is functional)...

Comment

Working...