X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swapnil2k84
    • Jun 2003

Divx 5.0.5 Codec Settings!!

Hi,
    i use divx 5.0.5 pro !! i would like 2 convert my friends x-men dvd 2 a high-quality (good picture and good audio) to a divx file!!please,can anybody tell me what codec settings should i use!!
    if i set bitrate of video 2 "1500kbps" and pass 2 "multipass-1st pass", wii get a good quality file??i tried the dvx guide online but it only features options for divx 5.0.3!! i use dvx latest version!!please help me!! i would like great quality picture and audio!!
    Thanks!!

• The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

Hi, and welcome.

Unfortunally there is no "best" setting. To many factors to consider (which I ain't gonna go into now)

Basically, if your looking for best image regardless of file size, go for quality. Multipass is only used if your looking for a particular filesize.
    Search for a good bitrate calculator (GordianKnot) to find the best bitrate for say, 1CD, or whatever size you plan on aiming for.

Again, if filesize is not an issue, just set the bitrate to max ignoring multipass.

Read the guides too
    digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article

Good luck.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• The Maynard
      • Jan 2003

What I also found that helps get better quality is NOT sellecting one of the templates: Like Hi-Definition. I turn off that selection and create my own min and max bitrate. I set the max at 10000KBPS and the minimum to between 2000-2500. That usually works the best for me.

Comment

Working...