X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intence
    • Jun 2003

questions about encoding to avi

i have made a vid below

but i made it through windows movie maker 2 and if u want to encode or save it to avi file type then the file size would be very large. over 500 mb i think. another problem is that alotta people who wish to view my video dont have the correct codec so i thought avi would be a better type. i downloaded windows media encoder but didnt really understand it. is there a way to encode my vid to avi with a file size around 40-50 mb if so what how and what program. thanx
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"is there a way to encode my vid to avi"

Not if Microsoft has anything to say about it...

(I'm not aware of any software that will allow you to directly convert WMV9 video to .AVI format)

Comment

• The Edge
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jan 2003

TMPGEnc will allow wmv input (any directshow source) and then using it's output to file option, save he clip as an avi.

I suggest saving it using Huffy or Mpeg codec and then using VirtualDub to resave to DivX or XviD or whatever..

Bren
      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To The Edge

I believe you'll discover that you are mistaken regarding TMPGEnc's ability to accept the latest version of WMV for input...

Comment

Working...