Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jukkabrother
    • Jul 2003

no sound when coverting to SVCD

i recently reformatted and eversince, whenever i convert XViDs to SVCD with TMPGEnc plus, the sound is some how lost and my output file, the svcd, has no sound...anyone know why this happens or have any ideas on how to fix it??

i appreciate any help

thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the XviD-compressed .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub (or VirtualDubMod) to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into NanDub
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose - and choose "No compression(PCM)"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).
    Open TMPGEnc and "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file

Comment

• jukkabrother
      • Jul 2003

i didnt try it yet, but here is the screenshot you wanted

thanks so much for all your help!!

hrmmmm, i couldnt get the screenshot to display here....but heres the link if u wanna see it
      screenshot
      Last edited by jukkabrother; 28 Jul 2003, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanks so much for all your help!!"

My pleasure ;>}

Based on your screengrab, follow my procedures regarding Variable Bitrate (VBR) .MP3 audio...

Comment

• jukkabrother
          • Jul 2003

hmmm, did what you said to do but there is still no sound....do you think i might need some update or something...?

this is where u can find the screenshot again...http://loon.musicdot.com/SCREENSHOT.bmp

note: link doesnt work....pls copy and past link into browser
          Last edited by jukkabrother; 30 Jul 2003, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...