Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing
    • Aug 2003

AV Sync Error (Tried most fixes)

OK, I know all you DivX guru's have to be sick of seeing this same post over and over, but i did read all the other posts in this forum regarding the same problem that i have.

The problem is that when i encode a DVD that i have ripped to my HDD using Smartripper 2.41 and encoded using FlaskMpeg 0.594 + DivX 5.0.5 Pro the audio is out of sync and gradually gets worse as the movie plays.

As "setarip" has informed others in the past I have tried using VirtualDub to set the video/audio durations to match:

setarip: From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

I have also had DivX movies that i have done in the past have a similar problem; that being that if you play the movie from start to end, it is fine. But if i skip ahead the audio gets out of sync.

What i am after is a way to fix all the already encoded DivX files and also a few suggestions to how i could stop this error occurring in newly encoded files in the future, becuase i do feel as if it is something that i am doing wrong in the encoding process.

Any help regarding these 2 problems would be greatly appreciated. And dont be afraid to use technical jargon; i aint afraid....8-)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"how i could stop this error occurring in newly encoded files in the future"

1) When using Flask, select Uncompressed PCM (.WAV) audio at 48,000Hz. Although this will initially result in a significantly larger file (perhaps an extra Gb!), it will assure that the synchronization is maintained throughout

2) Load your LARGE .AVI into VirtualDub
    A) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    B) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    C) Under "Audio", click on "Conversion", select "44,100Hz" (or 48,000Hz, if this doesn't present a playback problem for you)
    D) Under "Audio", click on "Compression" select "MP3", "44,100Hz" (or 48,000Hz), "96Kbps" (or higher)
    E) Save revised .AVI with new filename

Comment

• Bing
      • Aug 2003

excellent, thanks heaps, will try it now.

Will report back with the results.

Bing
      8-)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"excellent, thanks heaps"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Bing
          • Aug 2003

OK. Seems to work well.

When encode the video using FlaskMPEG, i compress the video to DivX and the audio to PCM. Doing this keeps the audio in sync and i can also now skip to any frame i like.

Then i use VirtualDUB to re-encode the audio to WMV or MP3 or OGG depending on the mood i am in. The movie size isn't too bad when i use PCM even. 1.4GB to 1.5GB and they come down to around 550MB to 700MB depending on movie length.

Thanks for all your help setarip. you are truly a DivX legend.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks for all your help setarip. you are truly a DivX legend"

Aw shucks ;>}

Comment

Working...