Dvix to dvd how..?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FAIRLIGHT

Dvix to dvd how..?

Be gentle ok..! this is my first post hopefully of many, I have been backing up and cracking cd's for years but just recently I purchased a dvd-rw and I have a vast ammount of movies on disc and on my hardrive which are in either the dvix encoded format or the wma format and we are talking big films 1-2gig plus on my drive, is there any way to re-author these back into a dvd format thus making them playable on a household player

Dual boot system
    Windows 98se / Windows Xp pro
    Athlon Xp2400+
    DUAL DDR400
    120GIG HDD MASTER
    40 GIG HDD SLAVE
    ASUS A7N8X DELUXE
    FX 5900 ULTRA
    AUDIGY2 SOUNDCARD
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D
    MT1316 BDV212B DVD ROM
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Pinnacles InstantCD+DVD and DVD Decrypter to backup and burn.
    also I have the latest versions of dvix,virtual dub,vcd gear.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• FAIRLIGHT

Thanx for your advice setarip, is there anything I can do for the wma as far as changing back to dvd are is it the end of the line for this type.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanx for your advice setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

"is there anything I can do for the wma as far as changing back to dvd are is it the end of the line for this type."

I presume you mean WMV. TMPGEnc will handle SOME versions of WMV (v.7 and v.8) - however, I don't know about v.9...
        Last edited by setarip; 2 Aug 2003, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...