Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellsing454
    • Aug 2003

Trying to put my DIVX anime series on DVD's

I have all these anime series I have downloaded sitting here taking up gigs of space. I was wondering if it was possible to burn the series onto DVD's and watch them on a stand alone player.

Someone told me that they use Nero to do this and that Nero will convert the divx files (taking hours of course) to the appropiate format and then burn them all in one step.

I tried doing it, using the DVD-Video option and I always get "video compliance test failed" and it wont do it. It does this with any DIVX files I use. My friend says it does not do that for him. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way past this error?
    Last edited by hellsing454; 4 Aug 2003, 03:23 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

Then

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

Let us know of your success ;>}
    Last edited by setarip; 4 Aug 2003, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• hellsing454
      • Aug 2003

Tonight when I go to bed I will set up a series to convert. Is there any settings in the TMPGEnc I need to hit or should I just leave everything as default?

Oh yea, which type should I do? DVD-NTSC compressed?
      I want to fit as much anime as possible onto a single dvd-r. Hopefully I could keep the file sizes the same.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Is there any settings in the TMPGEnc I need to hit or should I just leave everything as default?"

Again, use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this.

"Hopefully I could keep the file sizes the same."

The filesize will be MUCH larger...

Comment

• hellsing454
          • Aug 2003

Ok I did that and I am still getting the same error. I guess I will keep trying.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Have you done this BEFORE attempting to burn with NERO?:

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

By the way, you do have a DVD burner (not only a CD burner), don't you?

Comment

• hellsing454
              • Aug 2003

Dang, I wish there was one program I could just drag my divx files into a box and then hit burn and it would do everything for me.

Im gonna try what you said using TMPGEnc DVD Author. Yes I do have a DVD-burner its a Sony.

Thanks for helping me.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

You do understand that you have to perform BOTH the procedure with "TMPGEnc" AND the procedure with "TMPGEnc DVD Author", don't you?

Comment

• hellsing454
                  • Aug 2003

Yea and I did it. Everything works fine although it looks like I am gonna have to play with it to get the quality/compression I am looking for. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the help."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...