• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

DVDx 2.2, the best!

Hi, There's Some Software Called DVDx 2.2, & It Is The Best Ripping/Encoding Software You Can Get For Backing Up DVD's. Also If You Get The Stable Version Of The XviD Codec, And Then Just Before You Are About To Encode Change The Name From XviD To DivX In The Codec Options, & Also Change The Motion Search From High To Ultra High, Then After All That, On The DVDx Encoder Itself Look For The Resize Filter And Click Bicubic(yeah okay it takes ages but the end product will be well worth the wait) Best To Do It Over Night. Once You Have Done It Like That You Will Never Want To Use Anything Else. I Have Loads Of Films That I Have Encoded Like That And The Picture Sharpness Is Hardly Different From The DVD. And It's As Smooth As Silk No Noise Hardly At All, Well 97% Noise Free Anyway. If You Wondering Where To Download DVDx Just Go To askjeeves.co.uk And Search For DVDx And On The Page You Should See This Website Digital-Digest.com Click On That, & You Can Also Get The XviD Codec From Here As Well, But Go For The Stable Build Because The unstable Build Produces Slight Blockiness, Not Much But The Stable Build Is Far Better. There After All That I Hope I've Helped You Out!!
    Computer Fanatic
  • carlosesteban
    • Aug 2003

DVDx 2.2 shuts my computer off sometimes after the first pass of a two pass encoding. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyway, i didn't quite understand this: "And Then Just Before You Are About To Encode Change The Name From XviD To DivX In The Codec Options". What do you mean by that? I'm gonna try to do it your way and see what happens

But i still think DVDx 2.2 is buggy.
    My old system:

Sony Vaio PCG-FX502
    AMD Duron at 1GHz, 256MB RAM
    VIA KT133A Motherboard
    ATI RAGE 8MB VRAM

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

DVDx sux ass.

too buggy, poor quality too time consuming

check my site

and its not good to use an "all in one" program...

do a forum search - do many tests...you will see.

DVDx can NEVER beat:

nandub 2pass encoding

and

TMPGENC!

EVER! If so, I will pay over $1000 to you - how do I know it sux? well because of my site and testings and requests from people

thats my input

Comment

• zx50
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by carlosesteban
        DVDx 2.2 shuts my computer off sometimes after the first pass of a two pass encoding. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyway, i didn't quite understand this: "And Then Just Before You Are About To Encode Change The Name From XviD To DivX In The Codec Options". What do you mean by that? I'm gonna try to do it your way and see what happens

But i still think DVDx 2.2 is buggy.
        I'm wondering what system you have and what processor you have as well because people go calling these programs and they don't think about the fact they need certain amount of power in their computers, if you have then thats fair enough, but I have a 2.4ghz pentium in mine and my films run fine. I have never had any trouble with dvdx never.
        Computer Fanatic

Comment

Working...