what is telesynch,teg_vcd,i cant play them, where 2 find special codex?help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • werewolf666
    • Aug 2003

ok, i tried my first video file. i open it with gspot and it says its not an avi file, it also wouldnt work when i hit the rendering button. the file name is"open range cd1 teg scr.avi! does this mean its a bad file or im lacking athe proper codex to play this? if so, what is the proper codex and where can i find it at? thanks

Comment

• werewolf666
      • Aug 2003

the following is what th gspot said. what does this mean?

DirectShow was unable to render the file. Following is the error it reported:

0x80040265: VFW_E_UNSUPPORTED_STREAM - Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported.

Comment

• shiny#3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jul 2003

it means that your file is not an avi file.

either it is so heavily damaged that it can not be rendered

or some jerk has set up a fake file

I guess you have played some divx or xvid files sucessfully
        try Gspot on a file that you have played succesfully and you see
        what a normal answer of gspot should look like.

the last thing you can do is try to fix the bad files with Video fixer or avifix (also here on this site) but I guess they ARE fakes.

Comment

• werewolf666
          • Aug 2003

great, i could of wasted my time better watching paint dry then d/l these pieces of sh@t! I see what you mean on a real file with gspot. Why would some loser waste there and my time to write a fake file. Someone needs to get a life! Thanks for all your help!!

Comment

• shiny#3
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jul 2003

in addition to that reread the sticky in the p2p forums about fake files. especially what i said about beeing sick and tired of fake files.

fake files are normally set up for the only reason to have some people request them and so rise credits and ratings.

most p2p clients rate you according the files you share and how much you upload.
            the better the rating the faster you can download!!!

there are also p2p clients where it makes no sense to put up fake file.

but this belongs to p2p forum.

reread the sticky post carefully and then be clever

good luck

Comment

• werewolf666
              • Aug 2003

thanks, i should of read it in the first place, i have spent the day d/l 26 open range movie files and every single one didnt work! stupid me! thanks!!!

Comment

• FuzzyMojo
                • Feb 2004

Hi guys-
                I made my way here looking for an answer to the same question.
                I downloaded a few movies that started
                with[smr]
                and ended with telesynch
                I went ahead and d/l Gspot. here's a snapshot.

what do think? Is it a fake video?
                Attached Files

Comment

• zx50
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2003

shiny#3, why do you say that the bsplayer is better than WMP9. I play my files in WMP9 all the time and the sound that i get from the files is excellent (course you have to fiddle with the equalizers and switch the SRS wow effects on) but after all that it's like having a cinema surround sound (if you have an excellent pair of headphones that is). Right onto another subject, bin files, if the VCD has been made as a bin file then really would'nt it just be better just to extract all the files from inside with something like <ins><b>WINISO</b></ins>.
                  Computer Fanatic

Comment

• zx50
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Aug 2003

You know the thing with fake files is this, i don't know why but people who maybe do it for kicks rename the file to avi from a .exe,.zip or .rar, when i have had fake files in the past i have kept on renaming them. Like once i had a supposed avi file and the thing did'nt play, then for some strange reason i thought about renaming it to .mp3 and sure enough it turned out to be a mp3 album by some group that i'd never even heard of. So if you get anything that won't play or won't open up with any kind of compression software try renaming it to any of these ".rar, .zip, .exe, .avi, .mpg, .mp3" i know that you won't want it anyway because it's not what you wanted but just for curiosity's sake really.
                    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• FuzzyMojo
                      • Feb 2004

Its my 2nd day using winxp and it’s official. The more I use it the more pissed off I get! I took your advice and tried to rename the file. Of course I can “ Rename “ the file but not the extension.. i.e. avi to mpg, mp3, exe and so forth.. What am I missing? Besides a better OS.

Comment

• zx50
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Aug 2003

Go to my documents and then at the top click on tools-->folder options-->view-->hide extensions for known file types (first square under the second folder in the list, uncheck) then click ok. and that's it.

P.S easy when you know how eh!!
                        Computer Fanatic

Comment

Working...