Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TKS
    • Aug 2003

DVX/Virtual Dub error...

Sorry for being a total newbie but, after I set all the settings etc in DVX and click next to start the conversion it launches virtual dub and then virtual dub gives me this error:

The function AddComment was called on a stream[?] that hasn't been previously intialized with Set Source.

Help plz..?

PS - I did check if it's the right version of Virtual Dub and it is..
    PPS - I'm using WINXP without SP1..
    PPPS - Latest versions of both DVX and DVX syspack..
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

did you doublecheck your settings or compared them to my guide?

Comment

• TKS
      • Aug 2003

Well I dunno how but I think I fixed it, cause it doesn't give the error no more..

But now it gives a new one..

Avisynth open failure: AVIFileSource: couldn't open file (C:\Video Temp\VTS_04_1.avs, line 1)

Help!

Comment

• TKS
        • Aug 2003

Oo I got it to work now, apperantly it was something with the audio not being configured right. This vid turned out all green and distorted tho

ohh well im trying again with other video settings..

Comment

• TKS
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by TKS
          Well I dunno how but I think I fixed it, cause it doesn't give the error no more..

But now it gives a new one..

Avisynth open failure: AVIFileSource: couldn't open file (C:\Video Temp\VTS_04_1.avs, line 1)

Help!
          Hmm.. weird.. When I try encoding it in Xvid it doesn't give that error but the video is all green and distorted, but trying it again in DivX it DOES give that error again..

help?

Comment

• StarRide
            • Aug 2003

ummm by any chance ur using the crappy nimo codec pack? i think i remember the xvid codec/filter from it produces green distorted picture...
            if that is the case, then u might want to uninstall nimo and install individual codecs that are most commonly used.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

uninstall nimo and install latest divx and xvid codecs + FFDSHOW as playbackfilter - that'll be my best bet

i personally prefer tsunamis filterpack 3.9.9 and then update divx + xvid, but that of course is a matter of opinion.

but i can say this never failed

3.9.9 can be found on my site

Comment

Working...