adding permanent subtitles to a divx (or xvid)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pirecrompir
    • Aug 2003

adding permanent subtitles to a divx (or xvid)

hi!

i have read through several threads concerning this topic but i still have some questions. i want to add permanent subtitles to an already encoded divx (or xvid) movie because i have a standalone divx player (elta 8882) which doesn't support subtitles in a separate file (yet, hopefully.... i have virtualdub, virtualdubmod and nandub installed with vobsub's textsub filter with all three.

1. which program do i have to use: virtualdub, virtualdubmod or nandub? does it matter? my audio is VBR mp3.

2. after adding the textsub filter and then previewing the video, the subtitles are not in sync. if i watch the movie with subtitles with microdvd player, the subtitles are perfectly in sync.

3. if i use the same codec to reencode the movie, what settings do i have to use (this is my main question)? i read somewhere that i should use the same settings as when first encoding the movie. what if i don't know those settings??? so: what settings to use if you just want to add the subtitles and lose as little quality as possible?

4. do i have to set audio to direct stream copy? will it stay in sync?

sorry for the long post and thanks very much for your answers!

cheers,

grega
Working...