Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kindreadsoul
    • Aug 2003

Video Not Splitting Correctly

I have an Xvid AVI movie that I want to split to be able to get it onto VCD or perferably SVCD......

My problem is when Split the moive using EZ Video Splitter 1.26 ( i think ) it only splits the first 10 minutes of the moive.....

I have tried to cut it In Virtual Dub 1.5 and have had sort of a sucess, but the audio is off when i split it... I split it at Key frames, but still the audio was off......

After splitting in Virtual Dub I tried to run it through TMPGEnc it transcoded the video only up to the first 10 minutes.... The Audio was still out of sync when i ran it through TMPGEnc.....

How can i get this Video to split correctly and have the audio in sync with the video????
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Your video contains a Variable Bitrate (VBR) .MP3 audiostream, which TMPGEnc cannot process properly.

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio for use with TMPGEnc

Simply use NanDub, or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub) to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into NanDub
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose - and choose "No compression(PCM)"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).
    Open TMPGEnc and FIRST "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Kindreadsoul
      • Aug 2003

Also my Wav file is only 897K/B is that right????

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

convert first and split afterwards

Comment

• Kindreadsoul
          • Aug 2003

How can i convert first?????? TMPEGnc will only convert the first 10 mins of video then the screen goes black and there is only audio.... How can i get it split avoiding this??? Someone please help...

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

since splitting and converting seems to stop after 10 min maybe your avi is simply corrupt??

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To possibly "fix" your .AVI, if it should contain some bad frames, try the following:

1) Load the XviD-compressed .AVI file into the most recent version of either VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Select "Check for errors"

4) Select "Mask bad frames"

5) Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...