X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • veletron
    • Sep 2003

Flaskmpeg will not allow >56K MP3 !!!!!

Hi

I have had this problem before, but cant remember how I fixed it. FlaskMpeg is being bl00dy stupid. I have the Frauenhofer MP3 codec supporting up to 320K CBR, 192K VBR installed. This works perfectly.

In FlaskMpeg XIS 3.0e (and also in bog standard 5.x flash) it WILL NOT allow me to select the MP3 bitrate above 56K !!!!!!!!!

What a load of junk!

Anyone got any idea's how I can force the ruddy thing to recognise that I have a perfectly valid MP3 codec that supports up to 320K installed?

Regards

Nigel
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Control Panel>>Multimedia>>Devices>>Audio Compression Codecs

and disable all .MP3 codecs OTHER THAN the "Fraunhoefer Professional". Reboot...

Comment

• veletron
      • Sep 2003

MP3

Hi

The path that you mention does not exist on my machine (Win XP Pro).

I can get to the list of audio codecs via device manager --> sound, video and game controllers --> audio codecs. There is only one MP3 codec installed, with priority one. This is the Fraunhofer codec build 305.

If I go back to a frauenhofer codec from 1997 then I get the full compliment of bitrates! But I would rather not use ancient software with possibly inferior quality!

Nigel

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"If I go back to a frauenhofer codec from 1997 then I get the full compliment of bitrates! But I would rather not use ancient software with possibly inferior quality!"

By all means, the choice is yours...

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

installed the lame acm
          Right click and install.
          Get version 3.93.1

Edge

(sidenote....why use Flask?)
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

Working...