X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BICCUS1
    • Sep 2003

Help with encoding and all that!!!!

Hi

As you will see buy my post count i am new to this!

Ok i have transfered my holiday video (dv)to my hard drive,Edited it,Then encoded it into MPeg 1 pal through MGI videowave 5 which is where the editing was done so i had to produce in there so had to put it into one format so thats the one i thought would be the best!

Ok so i now have 42 mins of mpeg 1 video with audio!

Now i open up nero use the wizard to get video cd page now i drag and drop the mpeg 1 file into the empty box and it tells me its the wrong format and need to encode it so to start with i click carry on with out encoding it burns try to play it and its blank, So now i do the same again but this time i let nero encode for me and it works but is very blockey like the pixels are stretched out too much??

Now i ma stuck any help please !!!!

shane

Update:

I have tried allsorts now but still no good if i play the movie in its converted state (Avi to mpeg 1 or 2) on the pc the pic quality is fine but as soon as i burn it to disc and play in dvd player to tv bluring,pixels and washey colours??

I think it may be to do with videowave 5 As this is where i transfered the video in the avi format then edited it and when i produced the final video i convert it to mpeg 1 and tried 2 in videowave but when i go to burn in nero i have to reencode for nero to work?????

I am really stuck now i am going to order a dvd copier tonight but don't know if to if its going to be like this!!!!

What do you all think is the best transfer and editing software for dv camcorder to dvd??

Just looked at file sizes with the small test piece i have been using

Mpeg 2 from videowave after conversion from avi = 101 mb
    Same piece after nero has finished encoding in mpeg 2 for it to be able to burn =22 mb ????????

Any ideas i think it is compresing it so far down i am loosing the quality?

Thanks shane

Last night i tryed producing the avi file in videowave back to a avi file then converted it to mpeg 2 in tmpge noe this morning i have gone to watch the mpeg 2 file on my pc and its all out of proportion very high pic and thin so all looks stretched upwards?

Went to burn it in nero and its telling me to reencode it in nero as its not correct type for nero??

any help please
  • BICCUS1
    • Sep 2003

sorry plz close think this maybe wrong place

Comment

Working...