Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biscuit_man
    • Jan 2002

Conversion successful, BUT, this is my problem

I converted an .avi to mpeg layer 2 (I think it was layer 2, maybe layer 1) using TMPGEnc. I then cut the mpeg in half using TMPGEnc. I then burned the mpeg's using Nero 5.5.

I brought the CD to my home DVD player, put it in and the DVD showed (on the LED) "VCD", I press play and it works, BUT, the movie is in the top left hand corner of my tv. No settings on the dvd player would get it centered on the screen.

Any ideas what I did wrong or what I can do differently to correct this? Thanks
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

Did you use a template to create tjhe (s)vcd in TMPGEnc ?
    If yes ..........which one
    If not .......... do you remember which settings you used

When you play the file on your computer, do you also have problems ?

(are there any adjustments you can make on your TV ?)

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

I think it would be the template, make sure u used the SVCD template (or vcd) and use nero to burn it as a VCD (or SVCD)

Techno

Comment

• biscuit_man
        • Jan 2002

hmmm

Honestly, I believe I used whatever the default setting was. If there is an automatic template that is loaded, then I used that one but I did not change any settings manually.

I cannot figure out how to watch it on my puter as I do not have any DVD software installed nor do I have a DVD player on my puter. I just get the avi's and convert to burn then try em on my home DVD player.

I am going to try another one today since I found a setting for "Full screen" etc (more than just that option) so I will post later about success for failure.

Thanks for the reply's and I will let ya know if I am able to get it working with some settings change's.

Comment

Working...