X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TazTaz
    • Sep 2003

help :

Thanks for start reading :

1. I have 750 megs files that i want to do videocd , How can i what software ? They will not fit in the cd im using nero.

2. Whats the best Way to creat a DVD with same files ?

Thnks for you help.

Luis
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have 750 megs files that i want to do videocd , How can i what software ? They will not fit in the cd im using nero."

To create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
    2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
    3) Click on "Setting" radio button
    4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
    5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
    6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
    7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
    8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)" and "Bitrate" to "1,150"
    9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
    10) Press "Start"

(Or, instead of the steps 1)-10) above, you could attempt to use TMPGEnc's VCD "wizard"/template)

Note that if your video runs longer than 70-80 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

"Whats the best Way to creat a DVD with same files ?"

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• TazTaz
      • Sep 2003

Thanks a Lot :

Just to questions :

1 - How CAN i DO tHIS ? DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

2 - How can i put subtitles in the avi , i have already srt or sub files,

Best regrds

and thanks again

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"How CAN i DO tHIS ? DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)"

By selecting NERO's "VideoCD" icon and then simply "draghging and dropping" your VCD-compliant .MPG file into the lower left window. (After NERO has successfully determined that the file is. in fact, VCD-compliant, burn it...)

Comment

• TazTaz
          • Sep 2003

Subs

Thnks a lot for your prompt help.

Now i just nedd to Know how i mix the subtitles file with the AVI.

The best

Comment

• WildmanJoe
            • Jan 2003

VobSub SubMux should do the trick.

Comment

• TazTaz
              • Sep 2003

VobSub

Ok , but how ?

Do i have to reencode ? I mix with Avi or Mpeg ?

Thnks a lot.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
                • Jan 2003

Just load the movie and subtitle file into SubMux and press Go/Process/Start. You must install VobSub first.

Comment

• TazTaz
                  • Sep 2003

Sub Mux

Soory !

Just mOre oNE .... After i use sub mux the avi file works in media player , but TMpg dosest recognize as a valid file...

Thnks for yoour help.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
                    • Jan 2003

Was afraid that would happen... guess you have no choice now but to re-encode the whole movie.

Convert your subtitles to .ssa format. You can use SubRip for this.
                    Open virtual dub after installing vobsub
                    audio ---> direct stream
                    video ---> full processing mode
                    File ---> open video file
                    video ---> filters --->ADD ---> subtitler ---> browse to find your ssa-subtitle--file

Then choose the compression you wish to use. (Use a higher bitrate to minimise loss of quality.

When done, load into TMPGEnc again.

Comment

• StarRide
                      • Aug 2003

why do u need to re-encode?
                      using avisynth, u dont need to re-encode another avi file where u will definately lose quality without the use of a loseless codec.

install avisynth 2.5
                      install vobsub
                      download the LoadPluginEx2.dll from:

create a new folder and put your avi, ssa, LoadPluginex2.dll, textsub.vdf (grab it from vobsub install dir) into the folder (for convenience)

create a new .avs file and insert:
                      LoadPlugin("LoadPluginEx2.dll")
                      LoadPlugin("textsub.vdf")
                      AVISource("your avi file name.avi")
                      ConvertToYUY2()
                      textsub("your ssa file name.ssa")

save it and now u can open the avi with subtitles into TMPGEnc by opening the avs file.

If u dont like using avisynth, u can always use the virtualdub -subtitle filter method, but instead of saving another avi file, u can frame serve by going to file menu, start frame server. (dont forget to run auxsetup.exe and install frameserver dll handler.)
                      Saves a lot of time, space and quality.
                      Last edited by StarRide; 17 Sep 2003, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• TazTaz
                        • Sep 2003

Ok

Thanks a lot i will try.. About the 730 megs file , i will defenetly to record in 2 cds or there are any way of srink,...

Comment

• TazTaz
                          • Sep 2003

Thnks....im stoped how can i create the avi file...»?

Comment

Working...