Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDRed
    • Dec 2002

DrDivX audio/video sync

I've been using DrDivX 1.2 for awhile now (it's a great alternative to GK and Flask)...but the only problem I'm having is that when I fast forward (on any computer) to a future point in the DivX movie, the video becomes too fast and the audio cannot sync with it - it doesn't correct itself at any point after this.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong with it that I could be overlooking? I have a very fast computer (3ghz p4 HT, i865, wd raptor s-ata, 512mb DDR400, ATi 9800Pro AiW, etc.), so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load your DivX-compressed .AVI into VirtualDub

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Under the "Audio" tab, select "Interleaving" - and make certain that there is a checkmark next to "Enable audio/video interleaving"

4) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• HDRed
      • Dec 2002

setarip,

I did as instructed, and the output is a little better, but still out of sync when i skip to a future frame in the film...

Anything else I can try?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm guessing it's due to a lack of keyframes.

1) Load the video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• HDRed
          • Dec 2002

This is from my vidcapture of HBO "Carnivale," but it does it will all DVD Rips as well...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Nope, it's certainly not a lack of sufficient keyframes. Perhaps (Pure speculation on my part) it's a deficiency in the DivX v.5.01 codec.

If you're using the DivX v.5.xx series, you might want to update to the most recent version.

What players have you used for playback?

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

If you're using the DivX v.5.xx series, you might want to update to the most recent version.
              since the screenshot clearly indicates divx 5.1 and not 5.01 there's hardly any chance of *updating*

like so often before i recommend FFDSHOW alpha as playbackfilter

Comment

• Pelvidar
                • Sep 2003

I'm having the same problem. Trouble is, before I recently reformatted my machine I wasn't having any trouble. So I have not idea what I might have done to mess up my DrDivx. I'm doing a Gordian Knot encode right now to see if it works fine with that.

DrDivs was so pleasantly mindless though, I'd enjoy being able to use it instead.

Hey HDRed... turns out, I'm trying to encode an episode of Carnivale I capped too

Comment

• Pelvidar
                  • Sep 2003

I just used Gordian Knot on the same file and it work beautifully, with no problems. Took about an hour longer to encode, but the audio was totally in sync.

What bugs me, is that before I had to do my recent format and reinstall of my software, everything encoded my mpeg2's fine, even DrDivs... so this makes me think that some variable is different, and I don't know what it could be.

Comment

• outosync
                    • Sep 2003

I've made MPEG2 files that had this same problem and I kinda traced it out to lack of CPU time during encoding. If you were using your system or if your system suddenly decided to create a restore point or enter power saving mode this would explain all of the above. Once a glitch point was created the problem might multiply after that.

I now do as I did when I got my first CD-R (1x2x6x Sony SCSI) (in the old days) and make sure my computer is doing nothing else but encoding video (and during capturing). With WIndows XP this is kinda hard to, but you can get most things stopped (or enought stuff stopped that it's no big deal).

Comment

Working...