Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toka_shigazu
    • Feb 2002

XviD to SVCD help!!!!

I am trying to get an XviD film with the following properties onto svcd to view on my stand alone dvd player.

Resolution ..: 592 x 320
    Video Codec .....: XviD
    Video Bitrate ...: 1023 kb/s
    Audio Codec .....: AC3 5.1
    rame Rate ......: 23.976
    spect Ratio ....: 1.85:1
    Audio Bitrate ...: 384 kb/s

I have the 2 halves of the film already and just want to convert each to an svcd format [2 discs for the whole film]. when i play the files through powerdvd or M/p it is in letterbox format and the audio fits.

i have looked for info re this and tried all the suggested methods but to no avail...

if i load the file into nero to format into an svcd i end up with the audio out of sync and the picture is no longer in "letterbox" format.

if i try to load it into TMPGEnc. [no matter how i split the audio/video etc using nandub or v/dub] i end up with this error message:
    the error occurred when acm was initialized

please can someone help as i've said i'm relatively new to this but have a reasonable knowledge of some of the programs needed. i've tried to change the plugin priority in TMPGEnc, i,ve tried to split the film into video and audio [using both v/dub and nandub]and get the TMPGEnc prog wizard to make the disc but no joy yet.

i will be interested in anyone that can offer any help i am usually online with msn messanger as ewanwells@hotmail.com

thanks for your patience.....
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• toka_shigazu
      • Feb 2002

thanx but have already tried that and still getting the:-

the error occurred when acm was initialized

message, in nandub it doesnt seem to want to let me extract the sound in any other fromat, ie change the compression format...
      any ideas???

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

It would appear (as happens with MOST XviD/.AC3 .AVI files that are downloaded) that the .AC3 audiostream doesn't neet the (stringent) standards required for input by TMPGEnc.

Therefore, I'd suggest you use VirtualDubMOD (different than standard VirtualDub) to demultiplex the .AC3 audiostream from the video and then use BeSweet to convert to a more readily acceptable format (This program allows a direct conversion from AC3/MPA/MP2/MP3/WAV/LPCM/VOB to WAV/MP2/MP3/OGG/AIFF/AC3 and also WaveMP3 & Dolby-Digital-WAV.)

Comment

• toka_shigazu
          • Feb 2002

thanks,
          is there a guide on stripping the audio as i couldn't see how to do it in virtualdubmod. i couldnt find a way of saving the data as a wav or other sound file.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Click on the "Streams" dropdown menu, then click on "Streams list", then select the audiostream and click on "Demultiplex"...

Comment

• iceblu121
              • Sep 2003

i need a watermarking program

i ripped my dvd came out real great video bitrate is 2050 usin xvid
              cant even tell i ripped it no blur lines or anything i am lookin to watermark it i only see watermarking programs for picture files can someone direct me where i can get a copy of somthign that will do the job i only wana do the first few min of the movie watermarked e mail me at iceblu121 on aol i also have aim same screen sn iceblu121 please e mail or im me with any info u might have

Comment

Working...