Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaaaaM
    • Oct 2003

Help with DivX Encoding

Hi I would really appreciate if someone would answer the following questions mainly about DivX encoding...

I have downloaded a film (Dumb and Dumber, DivX) and half way through, the audio is not syncronised with the video. Is it posible to extract the audio and video separetly and rejoin them to solve the sync. problem?

Is it posible to extract only the audio from a DVD. Say if I had allready encoded the DVD in enlish but wanted a copy in Spanish.
    Could I take the Spanish audio and put it on the allready encoded English DivX File. And how would this affect the quality?
    I ask this because I dont have enought HD space to permanently store loads of .vob files. Incase I wanted a DVD i encoded months ago to be in spanish, instead of reencoding it form the 6 GB .VOB file (which i would have deleted) i could just add the spanish audio file which would be no more than 1 GB.

What is the advantage of 2-pass encoding? I have encoded films in 1-pass mode and 2-pass mode and the reasults were the same but 2-passs takes twice as long...

Hope some1 can help me and understand the questions!

Thanks

Sam
  • raju2k84
    • Sep 2003

hi,
    hmmmm,....., let me see!! u can use dvd2avi to extract differnet audio streams !! 2-pass is definitely better in quality vs. 1-pass, take my word for it!! visit www.divx-digest.com for help on audio-video sync. prob!!

Comment

• SaaaaM
      • Oct 2003

Thanks alot It worked fine!

Sam

Comment

Working...