Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanandjilluk
    • Jan 2003

Misconfigured Audio Codec?

The Situation: Im trying to convert some xvid files that I have to svcd, however the files contain the audion in ac3.

The Problem: Whenever I load into tmpengc and hit encode an error pops up saying acm failed to initalize. I also cant extract the wav using VDUB or use dvd2svcd cos it says suitable decompressor cannot be found.

The Info: In gspot it says

"Gspot has found that the AC3 from AVI XForm audio codec will decompress this audio format if used in conjunction with the MainConcept MPEG Audio Decoder codec to further process the audio to a renderable state. However, even though its "installed" the actual driver file Cocuments and Settings\SeaN\Desktop\mpgaudio.ax, apperas to be MISSING (perhaps due to an improper un-install). This codec cannot be used until the file is restored.
    DirectShow was also able to find a codec to render it - thesound for this media clip should work fine. See the DirectShow Render details for info."

What Ive Done: Ive tried putting the file specified on my desktop but it still doesnt work! Ive tried all I can think of but still no luck

Can anyone provide any help at all please, it would be very much appreciated!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

try this codec: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=170391

Comment

• seanandjilluk
      • Jan 2003

thanks for help but!...............

just done it and still same problem!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"The Situation: Im trying to convert some xvid files that I have to svcd, however the files contain the audion in ac3.

The Problem: Whenever I load into tmpengc and hit encode an error pops up saying acm failed to initalize."

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• seanandjilluk
          • Jan 2003

ive done that, still not working!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It would seem that, as apparently is the case with many .AVIs containing .AC3 audio, the audio header information is "less perfect" than TMPGEnc will tolerate.

Fixing .AC3 Audiostreams for use in TMPGEnc

1) Extract the audiostream from the .AVI as follows:

VirtualDubMOD (different than standard VirtualDub) >>Streams>>Stream List>>Demux Save with a new filename (.AC3 extender)

2) Use a hex editor to locate the FIRST instance of "0B 77" - and delete/cut all data prior to it

3) Load .AVI file FIRST into TMPGEnc

4) Load modified .AC3 file SECOND into TMPGEnc

5) If converted MPEG file is out of synch (most probable, since a piece of the .AC3 was "trimmed" off the front-end of the file), use TMPGEnc as follows to correct:

Load MPEG into TMPGEnc's main window
            Click on "Setting" radiobutton
            Select "Advanced" tab
            Put a checkmark next to and then doubleclick on "Source range"
            Enter appropriate number (positive or negative ["-"] next to "Audio Gap Correct"
            Click on "ok" and click on next "ok" to get back to main window
            Save with a new filename

(Or, if you prefer to adjust the .AC3 audiostream directly, download AC3DelayCorrect from http://farmi007.bei.t-online.de - and additionally download (and place in same folder) GfaWin23.ocx)
            Last edited by setarip; 22 Oct 2003, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• seanandjilluk
              • Jan 2003

thanks for the help, I used vdubmod, then headache to get the wav, and it seems to have worked!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"thanks for the help"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...