Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmashfaq
    • Nov 2003

Avi To Dvd

What is the best method of converting AVI files captured from Sony digital Camera? I have ADobe prem pro, TMPGenc plus, TMPGenc DVD author. Can somebody show the correct method? I am very confused with the bitrates of dvds. I have wedding videos to be made into dvds. I am buying Pioneer A06 DVD burner today. Also pls let me know the method of converting audio from AVI to dvd format for burning.. Thanks in advance...
  • Greg2k
    • Jan 2003

what I do (at least to convert my DivX videos to DVD) is open VirtualDub and save the compressed audio from the AVI file into uncompressed PCM WAV. then i fire up TMPGEng and use the wizard. as a video source i select the AVI video and as audio source i choose the uncompressed wav. then i just select how big i want the resulting file to be from the slider and hit burn. you can edit a few encoding settings and apply filters, but if you have a good camera you probably won't need to.

you don't need premiere for this process at all. and just in case i would suggest you get a dual rw burner instead of the A06 but that's just my opinion

Comment

• cmashfaq
      • Nov 2003

Thanks Grek2k for u'r quick reply. I need to do lot of video editing like adding transitions, logos, titles and much more. I tried to output from Adobe Prem pro. There are so many presets and I don't know which one to select for the encoding in Adobe Prem Pro. I'm not sure about the quality also. I want to use tmpgenc for encoding purpose 'coze I know it is really good. My VCDs are superb and my customers are satisified. Can u send me some templates by email for AVI2MPEG2 conversions in tmpgenc. Today while surfing I came across info which says that Goldwave is a good software for extracting wav from AVI. What do u think? I only downloaded the trial version. Pioneer A06 is also dual rw burner but cheaper than Sony.

Comment

Working...