Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitsukid
    • Jan 2002

Virtual Dub doing Wierd things

I'm messing around with divx for my pocket PC. So I am trying different compression methods on a small music video to see what will have the best quality for the space. I used DivX Codec 4.0 and low quality mp3 as audio. Virtual Dub froze I had to restart my computer. I looked on my HD and there is the file. So I opened it not expecting it to work. Well it worked but it was just audio and it wasn't even close to what I had it convert.
    I have 3000+ mp3s, elsewhere on my HD I have 100+ music videos all neatly sorted in directories, I picked a music video to convert to a small avi file. It took 5 Beck songs put them all together as one file. No where did I ever tell it to do that. In fact I had to do quite a bit of searching to even figure out just where in the hell it got the songs.
    But anyway if anyone has some tips on compresion for divx movies to be played on pocket pc let me know.

UPDATE:
    I just did it agian. This time it put 5 Beatles songs together. Always 16megs worth. It is kinda amusing but also frustrating.
    I will try moving the sorce video it the same HD as Virtual Dub.

Last edited by mitsukid; 24 Jan 2002, 03:56 PM.
Working...