Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac1929
    • Mar 2004

hi darkio,

I have contacted DVD by email to know about development status of DVDtoOGM & DVDtoMKV. He has told me that he's currently working on a new version with important improvements and a complete new GUI.

So development goes on, and the waiting also goes on!!

cheers!

Comment

• ChristianHJW
      matroska project member
      • May 2003

DVD sent me a couple of screenshots of the new version of his software ..... Jesus, he'll become a millionaire with it ! :O
      Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• mac1929
        • Mar 2004

For sure. I've also seem some screenshots. I was really impressed with them. I've already made room for it on my harddisk!! If it finally is as good as it seems now it will surpass G. Knot, AutoGK and every other tool, both in GUI design and in functionality.

The waiting will be hard

BTW: This tool will be a push for mkv. Mkv is great but it lacks user friendly tools. I hope that DVD's tool and G Knot 0.30 start to change this situation.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
          matroska project member
          • May 2003

[i]Originally posted by mac1929 [/i BTW: This tool will be a push for mkv. Mkv is great but it lacks user friendly tools. I hope that DVD's tool and G Knot 0.30 start to change this situation. [/B]
          ... i fully agreee !! DVD's new tool will become the official MKV creation tool, and be advertised on our homepage ....
          Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• darkio
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mac1929
            hi darkio,

I have contacted DVD by email to know about development status of DVDtoOGM & DVDtoMKV. He has told me that he's currently working on a new version with important improvements and a complete new GUI.

So development goes on, and the waiting also goes on!!

cheers!
            Hi, very thank for reply !

Comment

• Eldin
              • Jul 2004

error message in DVDtoOGM

I've been using DVDtoOGM for a while now, and love it. However, I recently upgraded my hard drive, and after re-installing all my software, DVDtoOGM gives me a dialog box, with the following error message and an OK button, right when it should start to mux the audio/subtitles/chapters/whatever with the video -
              "Listindex üeberschreitet das Maximum (9)"
              After I press ok, it just sits (I've let it go overnight, just to see if it would do anything) and doesn't finish processing the encoding job, or move on to the other jobs in the queue. I'm able to use VirtualDubMod to mux things together myself, but it's inconvenient, especially since I had habitually queued up several jobs to run when I wouldn't be around for a while.

Anyway, I'm using DVDtoOGM 1.41.1 beta, and am only using other software that was packaged/installed with DVDtoOGM. The system is a dual CPU Pentium III, 512MB of RAM, with Win2k Professional. Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how to fix it, or at least give some insight into what might be causing it?

Thanks,
              Eldin

Comment

• Enoon
                • Aug 2005

Hi,
                I'm having a bit of trouble using DVD2OGM. I've successfully installed it on my one computer, installed all the OGG filters etc and it worked fine. I love the program, but it takes very long and in this time I can't use my computer. so I install the program and everythign that comes with it to my other older computer, which still should be able to handle it... follow all the same steps... but the program won't work. That is, it does everything except encoding and preview.
                So I went and checked if my player can even play ogms etc, fixed a few things with some codecs, and now have all the same codecs installed on both computers. But still, on the older machine DVD2OGM will not work properly. I've checked all the settings of the program itself and they seem to be the exact same as on my other computer... same preview player...

I'm sure I'm overlooking something. Are some codecs known to cause interference with others? args... What could be the cause of there being no preview?

Thanks in advance for any help
                Enoon

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

is any log-file available?

do you have avisynth installed?

Comment

• Enoon
                    • Aug 2005

avisynth is installed, since it came with the package.

logfile attached. No errors occured during the 5 hr procedure, the file has no video though. and no preview. ;_; the endresult is only ~178 MB big. *desperation*
                    Attached Files

Comment

• original DVD
                      • Oct 2002

DVDtoOgm - Now Open Source and Abandoned

Dear DVDtoOgm-Friends,

after a year not working on DVDtoOgm I finally decided to release the Sourcecodes for everyone!
                      I hope to find some developers who will keep up the work on DVDtoOgm. Its written with Borland Delphi 7, the required komponents can be found in the CVS-Tree. If you want to take over the project or just want to help wit the development, register on Sourceforge and contact me [dvdtoogm at gmx.net]!

Some Information:

The official Homepage [http://dvdtoogm.divx-digest.com]
                      The Project-Page [http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdtoogm]
                      Some Screenshots [http://sourceforge.net/project/scree...oup_id=149578]

I'm pretty sorry for the bad writing style, today I would code different!

I really hope DVDtoOgm finds some new developers!

King regards,
                      Simon "DVD" Heckmann

CU DVD

DVDtoOgm - Ogg/Ogm Encoder [.: Klick here :.]

Comment

Working...