Did anyone had a problem like this one!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cyrus23
    • Jan 2004

Did anyone had a problem like this one!!

I used FLASKMPEG to encode a DVD, did it with xvid codec, going on two pass, changed almost nothing from the original settings that xvid has. Everything went fine, but when i try to look the movie in BSplayer, the video seems choppy, like for 2 seconds is good and then for a split second it stops and then goes on. And so for the whole movie, offcourse in some scenes where there is no movement you don't notice it so badly, but when there is a lot movement its very anoying.
    Watching the same movie on my DivX Player on a TV (Hiteker 940) everything is OK. So i thought it has to be something with the xvid codec i use, and i changed through all off them that i had, and i had a lot, but nothing the video is still choppy. Windows Media Player 9 even stops sometimes.
    Am i doing something wrong while encoding or is this some kind of codec problem.
    Please help somehow anyone out there!
  • Cyrus23
    • Jan 2004

Guys i think i found out what it was, i was encoding this movie together with the divx Audio ecnoder 4.02, and seems like that this is the troublemaker. When i encode the movie with no audio evreything is ok. So i ripped the audio and later recompressed it with virtual dub to the movie everything is fine now. Looks like problem in Flaskmpeg.

But it seems like there is no use of this forum, i didn't get any response for two days now. Time to change the forum!

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

But it seems like there is no use of this forum,
      change the forum or change the tools - up 2 you

hardly anyone cares for flask!

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

dont use flask - its really bad and poor in quality

use nandub (2 pass encoding) or other software to encode

Comment

• Cyrus23
          • Jan 2004

I'm indeed changing from flask to something else (Gordian Knot Avisynth scripts and then in Virtual Dub). But i'm having problems using this method. I make a script in gordian Knot and everything is fine but when i try to read this *.avs script virtual dub gives me a message "can't open project file". or can't write a project file, i'm not sure now.
          Also one time i tried in flaskmpeg, outputting the whole project to avisynt, so flaskmpeg in combination with avisynt started Frame Serving, i tried to open this *.avs file which contains only this command "IPCSource("xmen20")" but i get a message from Virtual dub "There is no such command IPC..."
          Could you people help with some suggestions.

Thanks!

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

why dont you let gordianknot or autoGK handle ALL of it?

and btw the best tool imho is DVX - much more powerful than gk and still easy to use:

Comment

Working...