Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyma
    • Feb 2004

Encoding with XMPEG

Recently I begin to use the program XMPEG 5.0 to encode ISO and VOB files and I have problems with it, probably due to my inexperience.
    I begin with the programme using the Wizard assistent to do the job. The main film was in VTS__02_0.IFO file with VTS_02_01.VOB to VTS_02_06.VOB files all them in the VIDEO_TS directory . Following the indications of the user manual I select VTS__02_0.IFO to begin.
    AlsoI select the stream of audio desired and I say do not want subtitles. I select the proper settings for video and audio codecs and all the rest of settings following the instructions of the user manuals.
    I begin to encode the file and my surprise was that at the end of encoding, only the first file was encoded.
    I investigate a little bit more and I have seen in the interface of the program there is a reproductor where I can add files to build up a project. I have included all the VOB file, 1 to 6, and encoding it. So I can obtain the 6 files encoded in 6 avi files but not in one.
    Can you help me saying were is my fault or which must be the correct way to do an unique avi file with all the files included?
    Regards.

Eymajai
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

Try <a href="http://fysx.acwu.com/Programs/Download/FileMerger-01-07-14.zip"target="_"blank">this</a> , it will join the vob files together into one big file and xmpeg should then encode you one avi.
    Last edited by zx50; 4 Mar 2004, 10:12 PM.
    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• eymajai
      • Dec 2003

Encoding with XMPEG

Thank you zx 50 for your reply.
      My problem is that I do not know with which program can I join the VOB files. Can you help me oncemore?
      regards,
      eymajai

Comment

• eymajai
        • Dec 2003

Encoding with XMPEG

Sorry but I have not seen your link the first time I read your message.
        I will download the program and try with it.
        Regards,
        eymajay

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

joining vobs only to be able to use them in xmpeg is something i cannot believe

is there no such thing as the thunder.mism plugin like there was for (crappy) flask in order to load vobs consecutively?

if i were you i wouldnt use flask or its derivates but that's another matter

Comment

Working...