Export to MPEG2 from Windows App (Adobe After Effects)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D_75
    • Dec 2001

Export to MPEG2 from Windows App (Adobe After Effects)

I am currently working on a small project of my own where I am using a capture card to record video in a LOSSLESS avi format (for pure quality purposes). I plan on getting a 100 gig HD before I begin ripping the source videos.

What I want to know is: After Effects (similar to Adobe Premier) let's me pick out what video format I want to export my project as before it starts rendering...just like virtual dub allows me to pick the format I want if I were to convert from one format to another.

I need to export the video out in MPEG2, so I can author it to DVD, and though I haven't done any extensive searching, all I've found are external 3rd party programs that you have to use by themselves.

If I can't find the right way to do this (and I know there is one, heh heh), I'll probably end up buying TWO 100 gig hard drives so I can export the final project in the same LOSSLESS avi format, and THEN convert to MPEG2 (waste of time and space....)

What do I need to do?
  • johnbmx4christ
    • Nov 2001

i dont have after effects but i have premier and it does this....
    you can frameserve to the 3rd party encoder(tmpgenc)using a bridge(avisynth)so that while its rendering it is encoding with the 3rd party encoder simultaneously and end up with your mpeg 2 with 1 render.premier is kinda feeding the vid into the encoder while rendering.
    john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

Working...