Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wezegg
    • Feb 2003

TMPGenc Codecs?

Hello, im sure this will of been mentioned a thousand times before but i cant find a topic on this any where.

I have a large codec pack installed, but some videos that i have downloaded off the net dont convert to mpeg with sound. When opened with virtual dub it says that it will re-write with standard CBR headers or sumthing.
    Is there a specific codec needed (AC-3 etc.) or something?
    I have had this problem when converting avi's to mpeg for some time. The avi plays but when converted to mpeg there is no sound. Please help me as this causes hours of frustration!

Thanks.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Are you using VirtualDubMod? This or G Spot will give under 'file information' necessary codec information.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

"When opened with virtual dub it says that it will re-write with standard CBR headers". This usually indicates your audio is encoded with a VBR. Cut and save a short clip of your video (2-3 minutes) with virtual dub (I use virtual dub mpeg2), this will save time for test purposes. Extract and save the audio to a wave file. Open your mpeg encoder application and add your video file. For audio add the wave file you extracted. I use 48000kz 16 bit stereo at 224k bitrate for my mpeg2's. Encode the short clip and see if you have audio. This was my standard settings for TMPGenc Plus. I now use Mainconcept almost exclusively ( much faster and great quality) and don't get this problem.

Comment

• wezegg
        • Feb 2003

Your right, i bought mainconcept and the problem has actually gone! thanks for metntioning it

Comment

Working...