X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spyroledragon
    • Dec 2001

Movie not smooth...

Hi there !

I have a little problem when encoding a frameserving avi into divx with virtualdub.

I'm using DVD2AVI to create a project from all the vobs of the movie, then vfapi converter to turn this project into a frameserving avi (a fake avi that displays the mpeg2 stream).

Then i open the avi into virtualdub, aply the resize filter and subtitle filter and set video to full processing mode. I select the divx 4 codec and adjust the bitrate.

At the end i get my movie all right, but the playing isn't really smooth as when i use mpeg2avi... It's like frames have dropped

Is there any way to fix that ? an option in DVD2AVI or in virtualdub to make the movie playing smoothly ?

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by spyroledragon; 9 Feb 2002, 12:21 AM.
  • gchester
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2002

movie not smooth

are you converting a ntsc file to pal, if so that could be your prob try it again withtout drooping frames...i had the same prob with flask but i ended up using vidomi and the problem dissapeared(using divx4.12)

Comment

• spyroledragon
      • Dec 2001

Yes i found out by myself

i removed the "force film" option in DVD2AVI. I was ripping a pal movie with ntsc options on lol

thanks for your reply !

Comment

Working...