Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattgrant
    • Nov 2003

DIVX2DVD new software?

I was wandering around PC World today and found a piece of software called DivX2DVD made by X-oom. http://www.x-oom.com

Has anybody got any experience of it? I just want something simple to convert my DivX to DVD. It looks really easy to use and only costs £25.

It said on the box that it has an extremely fast conversion engine. Can anyone confirm this? What's it like compared to the competition?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i'd rather spend some money on cce basic ($58) or tmpeg

they both produce very good quality

thus i wouldnt even want to try other software, especially none that costs 25 pounds

Comment

• dunc4n
      • Mar 2004

stick with cce basic or tmpeg they are better than divx2dvd they produce bad quality movies. tmpeg and cce basic produce high quality movies

Comment

• zx50
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Aug 2003

That sounds to me like an advertisement at the top seeing as though the web address is there <b>AND</b> the price as well. Or is it just me.
        Computer Fanatic

Comment

• mattgrant
          • Nov 2003

Believe me I have no vested interest in advertising the software. I posted the website so people could have a look at what I was talking about which might help them to form an opinion, or to say they have tried one of their other products.

The reason I put the price was more of an exclamation. Can this be any good for that price?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

maybe it could, but for the time being it hasnt established on the market and i personally would rather use reliable tools, which have proven to result in excellent quality

moreover i'd rather spend some €99 on a standalone player like the xoro311 or €150 on a philips 737 and have divx/xvid compatible playback and thus no need for converting avis
            Last edited by UncasMS; 23 Mar 2004, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• zx50
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Aug 2003

@mattgrant, okay calm down. Was just saying that's all. It's just it sounded a bit like an advertisement, but if it is'nt well...
              Computer Fanatic

Comment

• decryptit
                • Jan 2004

Anyone tried this one out nero vision express 2.
                Total Number Of Views
                Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• mattgrant
                  • Nov 2003

that's okay zx50. I just thought i'd nip that one on the end before it escalated into a debate on advertising.

I do have Nero vision express2 and will give that a try. I also have Canopus ProCoder which again looks a very simple interface, but it does seem a bit slow.

Comment

• zx50
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Aug 2003

Hmmn, nero vision express does'nt seem to be very good according to the tests they done at doom9.org, but i don't really trust them tests so.....on one test with a codec they said that the picture was blocky in this scene and yet it looked great to me, infact XviD and DivX looked worse (it was a dark scene). it looked great on half of them. But like i say i don't trust them tests.
                    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• decryptit
                      • Jan 2004

You should trust those tests remember it depends on how you set the codec.The rest i find their test and other hings useful.

besides that nero vision express contains 3 software packages
                      which may be of great help for video editing.All of them seem to be good and user freindly.
                      Total Number Of Views
                      Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...