Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micke.prag
    • Feb 2002

Changing quality to fit cd.

Many movies is about only a few Mb over 700 (like 715 and so on). Is it possibly to change the quality so it fitts on a 700Mb cd without any remarkeble difference?
    /Micke
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"without any remarkeble difference"

That's the hard part. You could run it through VirtualDub and set a lower bitrate than the original, but that would require another round of compressing the file - which would diminish the quality.

Perhaps a better solution is to use VirtualDub to simply cut off the ending credits. If you choose to do so, make certain to set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying".

Lte us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

Setarip is correct

But I have noticed something:

If I use vidomi to convert a file to DIVX using fast motion, it gives the file size of, let's say, 15MB.

If I open the same video in virtualdub and compress it using the exact same settings, it give me 13-14MB!

What is happening, this is weird!

Techno

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Alternatively, you could purchase a larger cd. CD's with a capacity of 800 mb are available.

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

Still, sometimes it is greater than 800MB (the vids I have seen in DIVX 4)

it's upto the user!

Techno

Comment

• moviemadness
            • Jan 2002

i use flask mpeg when working from a dvd i have the divx 4 pack and divx 4 bitrate calculator.
            when using flask to encode to avi or vcd you can put in the bitrate 9 out of ten it comes out lower or bang on target

Comment

Working...