Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judy Stanley
    • Jun 2003

Have Video That says Divix Format

Help please-have video that says it is in Divix format-tried to encode it with nero-says unsupported format. I want to make a vcd so I can play it on home player, Can someone tell me how to tell what format it is in-maybe a download from download.com. After I find out format what program can I use to encode the video,If it is Divix can Nero encode if it has the right codec abd where might someone foind the right one. Apprecaite any help you can give. Assume I can't burn it to DVD because its a file I got.

Thanks for any help you can give. Please back okay on comp but would really like to burn to cdrw when I figure out how to do that using what program. Please answer as soon as you can its dribing me crazy. Maybe its not in Divix format but something else Mpeg 2 or 4 or whatever. Anyway need help.

Thanks so much
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

I use Mainconcept or Tmpgenc Plus for avi conversions, much better. I would let Nero for burning only.

Comment

• Judy Stanley
      • Jun 2003

TEMPGENC???

RE: TEMPGENC Is there a simple guide to tell you what settings to use-will the audio play back while it is encoding. If it'diifficult TEMPGENC what about the other program you mentioned. Can Dr, Divix encode videos also. I know there is a trial version available for x number of days. If Dr Divix works I can probably get it from downloads dot.com???

Thanks
      J

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Can someone tell me how to tell what format it is in"

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• dhlawrence
          • Apr 2004

Is the file extension .avi ?

If it will not play in Media Player or a Divx player, then it is
          mislabeled.

Comment

• Judy Stanley
            • Jun 2003

Thanks I'll check into that
            Have a nice easter

Comment