Clear All
  • RichXXX
    • Apr 2004

Video to computer, lines flicker across screen :(

Hi,

maybe someone can suggest something?

I am using WinTV USB to record my videos onto my computer

I get a picture and sound

The problem is the picture has horizontal lines across it, you know, those kind of interference lines. Does anyone know a way to get rid of these?

I have tried tuning the WinTV USB via it's program but that does little, maybe I should try tuning the VCR, I fear this would make no difference though

Please help

Rich.
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

depends what type of lines you are talking bout

it could be simply bcos the signal strength is too high - try putting a resistor of some sort on the connection and see what happens

also make sure that the card is not on the same IRQ as another hardware device

also update the chipset drivers of your motherboard and directx

Comment

• RichXXX
      • Apr 2004

t could be simply bcos the signal strength is too high - try putting a resistor of some sort on the connection and see what happens
      Sorry I have no idea what this means. I am using a 'video to tv' wire, not scart. I have another 'video to tv' wire, if I add this would this provide a little more resistance?

also make sure that the card is not on the same IRQ as another hardware device
      I am using my USB port, I have Win TV USB, how would I check this?

also update the chipset drivers of your motherboard and directx
      hmm, since everything is done externally I dont suppose thia applies?

Thanks for your reply Perhaps you or someone else could explain a little further, I am VERY new to all this.

Rich

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Your video may simply be INTERLACED. If so, use a deinterlace filter in conjunction with a program such as VirtualDub (If your captured video is in MPEG format, use "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEncPlus" instead of VirtualDub)

Comment

• RichXXX
          • Apr 2004

Hi setarip,

so if this is true I can capture the mpeg with 'interference' then deinterlace?

I have to say though the lines would seem to me to be external noise influencing the connection i.e. bad connection

thanks again, Rich

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I have to say though the lines would seem to me to be external noise influencing the connection i.e. bad connection"

If that's truly the case, then de-interlacing would have no effect on the problem...

Comment

• RichXXX
              • Apr 2004

Anyone any ideas on what to do about this?

Rich

Comment

Working...