Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dafunkster
    • Jan 2003

Converting Issue

I am trying to convert movies I have downloaded from the internet to DVD. I have been doing this for a while now and am only having this problem - Some of these movies show a little rough (a little distorted ,but viewable) Is there any way for me to convert these movies a little sharp & clear ..... Here is my procedure 1. If movie is split I use Boilsoft AVI-MPG-WMV-MOV joiner and join and convert that movie to MPG
    2. Convert each movie with EO Video ...Setting - AVI
    3ivx codec 24-bit 720x480, 29.97 frame rate
    3. Use DVD Complete to aurthor and build my DVD and NERO to Burn them
    Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but my main concern is to clarify & sharpen up my movies Thanks All
  • SpikeSpiegel
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

Eo Video...long time no see!

Surely it's one of the best programs for real media, wmv and quick time files (it helped me with some REALLY annoying .RMs), but for AVI and MPEG(1-2) movies you should try VirtualDub or, if you want something more pro, Avisynth+VirtualDub.

These programs have many filters for sharpening, noise reduction, smoothing, etc. that may help you, but if you wanna know which is the best, you should be more precise in the description of your problem.

Comment

• Dafunkster
      • Jan 2003

Thanks will try, all I am trying to do is make my movies more viewable when i put them to DVD

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2003

Ok, but there are many ways to improve video quality depending on the video source and on the kind of "bugs" you want to erase:

For soft noise you may use Convolution3D (Avisynth) or SmartSmoother (VirtualDub) if it's stronger. Both work really well on anime.
        If video looks blurry it may be for low resolution, in this case there's nothing to do. Otherwise yo can use one of sharpen-like filters of VD.
        If you can see itermittent black horizontal lines it means that video must be deinterlaced, so you'll need something like TomsMoComp (Avisynth) of SmartDeinterlacer(VD)
        If the video has all bugs mentioned above...well, GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Working...