Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterev265
    • May 2004

More problems

Im having a few problems with a couple of AVIs I have. I want to put them on a DVD put Im struggling in the process. When I use Main Concept to encode the DIVX AVI to DVD MPEG it keeps throwing the audio out of sync in the outputted MPEG. The audio is fine when the AVI is played, its just the converted MPEG thats screwed up. Ive used GSpot to identify the codecs required and they are installed correctly, I have also reinstalled the DIVX codecs from fresh and Main Concept and the prodlem still exists.

The first film uses the DivX 3 Low-Motion codec and the second uses the Fast Motion codec, both run at 23.97 FPS, I have had no such problems with similar films using that codec.

Any thoughts?
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

Is mainconcept encoding at 23.97 or is it using pulldown to get 29.97?
    2 things to try, encode at 23.97 or use pulldown if it's not enabled, disable it if it is enabled.
    Are you positive the original avi's are in sync? Are you positive they are 23.97fps (check in GSpot.)
    Is the audio already sampled at 48khz, or are you letting Mainconcept resample it?
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• peterev265
      • May 2004

The original AVI is in perfect sync as I have checked it. Both the original and converted are 23.97fps and sampled at 48000hz. I have tried converting to 29fps and changing the audio properties but no luck.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Sounds like the problem is with the audiostream format:

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

If the audio proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
        Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save the .AVI with a new filename

Comment

• peterev265
          • May 2004

As requested.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Now try following the instructions I provided under, "If the audio proves to be VBR:"...

Comment

• peterev265
              • May 2004

I tried what you said. At first I thought It had worked, but as I continued watching the encoded MPEG the sound gradually went of of sync and became worse through the film. Its seems obvious that the video and audio are different now.

What next? It just strikes me as strange as the AVI is fine.

Comment

• peterev265
                • May 2004

Any further Ideas please would be a great help!

Comment

• wadsy
                  • Jul 2004

you could always see if abit of the audio length has been changed by clicking on ctrl+r and select option

change so video and audio durations match this usally help if audio sync gets worse as time moves on

Comment

Working...