Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StealthyGuy
    • Jun 2004

Sound synch problem with SimpleDivX

I use SimpleDivX to encode my DVD's to XviD. Some videos are just encoded fine, but there are some that the audio is out of synch. More precisely: the audio progressively gets out of synch as the video plays. START => the sound is +- synched END => it is completely messed up.

I have already tried all the possible framerates: some are too out of synch and others are less out of synch. I just can't have the perfect synch. Any idea? As I said, this happens only with some videos.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...