Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dekelb
    • Jun 2004

Subtitles run faster then the movie

I'm trying to burn subtitles into a divx movie using VirtualDub.
    When I use BSPlayer to view the movie everything just fine - the subtitles are synchronized with the movie all the time, but when I try to re-encode the movie using VirtualDub, as far as the movie advances, the distance between the subtitles and the audio is growing...
    I'm using VDub 1.5.10 with VobSub 2.23 filters and the subtitles are in .sub format.
    Can someone help me?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Your video probably contains a Variable Bitrate ("VBR") .MP3 audiostream. If so, you'll have to convert it, as follows, to a Constant Bitrate ("CBR") .MP3 audiostream:

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    1) Load your original .AVI into NanDub

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (NanDub only -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (NanDub only - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (NanDub - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable").

Then close NanDub and restart it
    Set "Audio" to "No audio" (Not necessary under VirtualDubMOD)
    Load your silent .AVI
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Add)
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Direct Stream Copy")
    From the "Audio" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Streams") dropdown menu, select "Compression" (In VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Compression") and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save as") and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• Qyd
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Oct 2002

try to convert the sub (frame based) to srt (time based) with subtitle workshop. you will at least have more control over it.

if what you want is to hard-encode the subtitles in the video frame, you can also try virtualdub with the subtitler plug-in (you can use subtitle workshop to convert sub to ssa, as well as to alter the timing of the subtitles if needed)

Comment

• dekelb
        • Jun 2004

Thanks Qyd,
        I have just converted the .sub to .srt (using Subtitle Workshop), and now it's all synchronized...

Comment

Working...