Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sushizz
    • Feb 2002

converting Divx movie to VCD format with TMPGenc

Can somebody plz tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    I've been trying to convert a divx movie to VCD file with TMPGenc but I only got a mpg movie without any sound at all!! I've tried many settings but nothing seemed to work, using the VCD (PAL) template. The divx file i downloaded was compressed with Divx MPEG4-LOW MOTION, audiostream 48000 Hz, Fraunhofer MPEG Layer 3-codec...
    Plz notify if you know how I should configure TMPGenc correctly.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Make certain that, in the lower right side of the primary screen, the black dot is next to "System (Video+Audio)" .

If this part of the screen is "greyed-out" (cannot be changed), clcik on "Load" and select "Unlock.mcf".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ShortyMan
      • Feb 2002

Missing Audio

Well, if you try to put 48000 audio on a vcd, it won't work. You need to convert the audio to 44100 (option in the sound tab in TMPGEnc) and at a MAXIMUM of 224 k/sec. Of course, sometimes I use 192 k/sec to give me more room for video bitrate and still not exceed the maximum total bitrate for a standard compliant vcd. Let us know if changing the audio to 44100 will do it for ya.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Well, if you try to put 48000 audio on a vcd, it won't work"

That is incorrect. It may not be in conformance with "Standard VCD" settings, but it most certainly works - and TMPGEnc has no trouble creating such a file.

One more thing - since sushizz is using the wizard/template, it automatically (in v.2.xxx) converts the audio to 44,100...
        Last edited by setarip; 19 Feb 2002, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

I guess I should ask the most obvious question - Do you have an MP3 (MPEG Layer3) codec installed on your system? If not , download and install the Radium MP3 codec.

Also, please advise which version of TMPGEnc you are using.

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

TMPGENC does not support MP3 audio. Make sure you use virtual dub to uncompress the MP3 audio, make sure the audio is a wav file, doesn't matter what frequency but usually 44100Hz.

Techno

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To techno

"TMPGENC does not support MP3 audio."

You are also incorrect.

TMPGEnc is quite happy to accept an AVI file with "normal" (not VBR) Mp3 sound for input...

Comment

Working...