X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acroo
    • Sep 2004

Qpel

Hi

I just noticed to my suprice that my DivX player (Philips DVP630-02) don't support QPEL.
    I don't realy know what qpel is (oki, it got something to do with quality of the avi ...) but is there some way to remove it? Or if there is no way to remove it, is there some way to detect it before I try to run the avi in my player?

Thank you for your help and time!

Cheers Acroo
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

There is no wat to remove quater pixel from your video. As for what it is, it a more precise way of encoding. Instead of just using half a pixel (i think) the codec uses a quater pixel, hence the name quarter pixel. To me it seems that you will get more detail.
    Computer Fanatic

Comment

• acroo
      • Sep 2004

Thanks for the information zx50.

But do you know if there is a way to identify a avi that has been encoded with qpel? I have tried gspot and avicodec but I don't see any information about qpel in those...

Cheers Acroo

Comment

• zx50
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Aug 2003

I don't know of any tool that identifies quarter pixel, i'm not saying that there isn't any, just that i don't know of any. I haven't come across any on the web.
        Computer Fanatic

Comment

• girlfromthesun
          • Jan 2002

the new version of Gspot (version 2.5)will tell you if the file has qpel
          It is a free download

Comment

Working...