Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiking
    • Oct 2004

Audio sync problem files using AV320

Hi all. As you all can see, I'm new here and have done a search on this matter at hand. Unfortuanetely there are not many - more like two concerning sound sync problems and only one which doesn't really give a direct anser.

I am a new owner of the AV320 Archos multi video recorder. Nice system by the way but could be improve on other issues. But that's another story.

I download quite alot of films in both Divx and Xvid formats only. This is why I bought the system, so that I would store them on and take with me when I travel. Unfortuanely it is not syncing at all with the video. The video plays but the sound is not in sync with the video. More like it comes after.

Anyway, I managed to find some articles on this and had followed the procedure to get the sound back in sync by recoding the sound with virtualdub but to no avail. Why do Archos make it so difficult? They certainly have no flexibility in mind. Just to make big bucks. They could have easily made it mpeg 1,2,3, 4 compatible but noooo!.

Anyway, I wounder if anybody has a good and easy tip to get this thing working right. As I understand the audio file as to be in CBR instead of VBR has all the divx and xvid files are coded in.

Here is an example of the xvid video I had downloaded:

Video format :

Xvid
    Aspect : 576 x 240
    Bitrate : 809 kb/s
    Frames/Sec : 23,976 fps
    File Format : avi

Sound format :

Bitrate : 138 kbs/s vbr
    Sample Rate : 48000Hz

I hope I could get some help because I'm getting very fustrated. Thanks.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I download quite alot of films in both Divx and Xvid formats only."

It is against the forum rules to refer to pirated contents. Read rule #6:

Comment

• tiking
      • Oct 2004

My apologies. I'll go somewhere else. Don't want to cause any trouble. Thanks.
      Last edited by tiking; 8 Oct 2004, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...