Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShieldWolf
    • Nov 2001

Fixing audio stretching with divx/ac3

I've got a 25FPS DivX 4.12 video clip, and an ac3 audio clip that I'm trying to sync, and I can't get it right.

I tried adjusting the frame rate to match in VirtualDub (1.48 ac3 version), it gave the option to match audio frame rate of 25.012, but this doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Can anyone help me with this?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are the video and audio of the same duration?

Comment

• ShieldWolf
      • Nov 2001

When I open the avi in MediaPlayer, it's length is 1:31:53, but when I open the ac3, it's length is 1:31:49.

There's a few seconds of black at the start of the movie... can I clip em off somehow without having to recompress the vob?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"There's a few seconds of black at the start of the movie... can I clip em off somehow without having to recompress the vob?

First of all, you don't have a .VOB. You have a DivX-compressed .AVI video.

Yes, you can cut off the first few seconds using VirtualDub, without having to recompress, as follows:

1) Load the .AVI into VirtualDub
        2) Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying"
        3) Under "Edit", click on "Go to beginning". Then click on "Set Selection Start"
        4) Move the slider to the first frame you want to be the "new beginning" of your video
        5) Under "Edit", click on "Set Selection End"
        6) Under "Edit", click on "Delete Frames"
        7) Under "File", select "Save as Avi. Enter a new filename and save the new file.

Comment

• ShieldWolf
          • Nov 2001

Thanks, I'll try that...

Oh, and I do have a vob... and an ac3, and an avi, and very little hard disk space left. I was asking if I could fix this avi, or if I would have to start from scratch and flask the vob again

Comment

• ShieldWolf
            • Nov 2001

I've tried cutting the first 4 seconds of the file off as you described, and I still have sync problems

I've tried increasing the skew to 4000, setting the video FPS to match the audio FPS, and interleaving at 160:160, 160:60; 0:1. Nothing works.

Is there anything else I can try here, or am I screwed?

I'm trying to back up Atlantis (Australian PAL version), if anyone has had success with this film, could you let me know?

Comment

Working...