Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shrek
    • Nov 2001

virtualdub and avi chopping

I tried to decrease the length of a DivX movie from 710 to just below 700 MB for putting it on a CD. Using virtualdub, I selected the first part, leaving the outer marker at the last key-frame before the end-titels. I ended up with the right length of video, but the audio stopped at about 28 minutes. I also tried other versions of virtual dub. I even ended up with a version with full-length audio and 30 min of video ???
  • khitch12
    • Nov 2001

If it were me I would do a save wave with vd and then reattach it, maybe even cut the bitrate of the audio at the same time to see if it might go under 700. Looks like vd doesnt like the way that movie is multiplexed assuming every thing else is perfect. Found an interesting way to cut length in a movie a while back with virtual dub. Make a clip of the openning credits, make a clip of the body of the movie, make a clip of the ending credits. With the openning and ending credits reprossess them at the same codec at like 100 kps with sharpness turned way down they will be very small files load the openning credits you just made append the main body of the movie append the ending credits and save a ton of space.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

you're right, khitch12

that way one might be able to save some 50mb for end credits only!

btw this encoding procedure with a different bitrateS for end-credits is done 'automatically' in NANDUB!

Comment

• shrek
        • Nov 2001

Hi buddies,
        thanks for the suggestion for shrinking the "hors-d'oevre and desert" of my movies. Indeed, using Nandub, no synching and other problems of the kind occurred. Everything is working smoothly now.

Comment

Working...