X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulc9
    • Nov 2004

Xvid files?

Hi,

Ive got a problem, all my video files are on my computers hard drive and are Xvid Sharereactor.avi or divX.avi. How would i convert these? I open TMPGEnc to convert the files to Mpeg-2 so i can copy them to dvd but it says the following msg: -

"Cannot Open or the files is unsupported"

What does this mean? the files works fine and is very good quailty?

How and wat would i need to convert these files and then to dvd?

Any help would be great as its doin my head in!!

Cheers everyone!

infact its more or less on every file i try and open on avi, or xvid, and divx, whys this?
    Last edited by bulc9; 27 Nov 2004, 04:52 AM.
    Glory Glory Man United!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"all my video files are on my computers hard drive and are Xvid Sharereactor.avi or divX.avi."

You are, yet again, violating the rules of these forums...

Comment

• bulc9
      • Nov 2004

could you tell me why that is violating the rules, because on other posts i have read there is similar information to what i have written in the above post! i dont mean to do this on purpose!! Sorry yet again!!!!

And do your files copy ok?
      Glory Glory Man United!!!

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

sharereactor => no go

read the forum rules and the sticky about downloaded files

closed

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

A little more information: Sharereactor was a site (now closed by the authorities) that published file sharing links for pirated stuff. Everything they linked to would have the word "sharereactor" in the filename, and hence, by stating that your file has "Sharereactor" in the filename, you've basically incriminated yourself and you could get into trouble if the authorities are watching (you might have heard about the many lawsuits being handed out recently). There is actually no need to mention the filename at all, because it won't help with diagnosing your problem.

As for your problem, I think it has already been posted here anyway, so you could have used the forum search function to find the answer, as opposed to posting a new thread:

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...