X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnmagri
    • Nov 2001

Error in VirtualDub when inserting Subtitle

Hi,

everytime I try to insert a subtitle, it goes up to a moment when it gives an error message

[IDCompressor] = Unespecified error -100

When I'm opening the DivX, it gives me a warning about problems with VBR values...

could someone help me?

thanks in advance
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

VDub doesn't handle VBR audio very well (at least not my version)

So if you want to extract the VBR audio and make a CBR out of it use Nandub to do the job.

Accoording to me once you have recode the audio to CBR you shouldn't have these problems any more when trying to add subtitles.

Please tell me i'm right

Comment

• mnmagri
      • Nov 2001

hi, man!

but then, the audio would be separated or would it write another avi with CBR sound?

regards

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

The idea was to extract the audio as an uncompressed wav file (a HUGE file) and you can add that one into VDub to get an avi with CBR mp3 audio

Audio ---> full processing
        Audio ---> compression ---> mpeg layer 3 and select an option of your choice
        Audio ---> WAV Audio ... (here you can select the uncompressed wav)

Maybe this is the long way around and if anybody else has a better idea then please tell (i'm also learning every day); I read somewhere on this forum that Setarip said that Virtual Dub offers to convert the VBR itself, but i don't know which version he is talking about.

Comment

• mnmagri
          • Nov 2001

Hi,

I'm trying AVIDeFreezer to fix the movie, but when it ended, there was no sound in the AVI. Does anyone know why?

regards

Comment

Working...