Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JStormont
    • Mar 2002

audio out of sync

When converting mpeg1 files with virtual dub, the audio is significantly behind the video. Using flask however results in choppy sound quality, so using this program is not an option. The input audio is mpeg1 layer2 224kbs and converting to mp3 lame 224kbs. Virtual dub's built in offset routines do not seem to help. Any ideas?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I have no such problem converting to MP3 44,100 at 128Kbps, using the Radium MP3 codec.

Comment

• JStormont
      • Mar 2002

I tried that and it didn't work. Virtual dub seems to have a problem playing the file as the audio gets more out of sync with the video. Flask also suffers from this problem and it affects both programs when recording.

Comment

• Uriel
        • Mar 2002

The problem is not virtual dub its in the mp3 algorithms.

It seems they were made poorly and as a result it is common for your mp3 encoded audio to be shorter in length than the original wav (or whatever format your using).

To get around this virtual dub allows you to change the frame rate of the video so the audio and video lengths will meet. But sometimes it reports the wrong frame rate. As a general rule it it usually at 25.001 for me, but im in PAL.

You could always check it manually, find out how many frames are in your video and how many are in your mp3 audio and conpare them. Use this to set the frame rate of the video.

I use virtual dub to encode the video and Easy CD-DA converter to encode the audio, so i end up with the encoded video in one file and the encoded audio in another file then I can join them together and if they arnt in sync I can play around a bit with out having to worry about reencoding.

Comment

• JStormont
          • Mar 2002

Thank you very much. It works perfectly now.

Comment

Working...