Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pistoly
    • Mar 2002

Extracting Audio from .avi using virtualdub

I would like to extract the audio from an .avi file that I downloaded and convert it to wave, so I can use TMPGEnc 2.53 to convert to mpeg and burn to VCD. I am using Virtualdub 1.4.9 to extract the audio but I get an error "The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format. Unknown (tag 2000). When I look at File Information for audio, this is what I get:

Sampling Rate_______48000Hz
    Channels___________5(stereo)
    Sample Precision_____0-bit
    Compression________Unknown(tag2000)
    Preload Scew________28000 Samples (.58s)
    # Frames___________231304
    Min/avg/max/total____172/1024/28000/231330K

Any help would be appreciated
    Setarip---Maybe you can help
    Thanx
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

The sound format in the avi file seems to be in ac3.

Try opening the file in Flask0.6 and use its Extract Audio to Wav. feature. I believe it should work.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

The reference to "tag 2000" is indicative of the fact that the file contains an AC3 audio stream.

Load the .AVI into either VirtualDub v.1.4c-AC3 or any version of NanDub (Note: Due to an apparent flaw [as far as I have determined] in these programs, an extra conversion will have to be performed). From under the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as WAV". Save your file with an extender of .AC3 (NOT ".WAV").

If you play this .AC3, you'll note that it plays too rapidly. Not to worry.

Load the .AC3 file into AC3PX3Converter and convert it to a WAV file which will be readily accepted by TMPGEnc as the audio input (The .AVI file, despite including an AC3 audio file, will be accepted by TMPGEnc as the video input).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Pistoly
        • Mar 2002

Thanks for the info guys,
        I will try these options. Where can I find the program "AC3PX3Converter"? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Glad to be of assistance ;>}

Go to:

Download PX3 AC3->WAV, a AC3 to WAV conversion tool

Comment

• Pistoly
            • Mar 2002

Hey thanx Setarip,
            Everything worked great. Followed your instructions and watched the movie last night!!!!
            Great work guys.

Comment

Working...